The aim of the Committee is to steer the movement for visible, viable social support in Orkney.
Committee members are responsible for: organising our democratic functions, co-ordinating social events, and any day-to-day events that take place between NetworQ North socials.
The Committee was formed at our inaugural meeting in March 2018. Committee posts are provisionally held for 6 months. We elected:
These roles are open to those that identify as LGBT+
- Chairperson – heads up the NetworQ North Committee
- Vice Chairperson – second-in-command, assists the Chairperson with their tasks
- Secretary – handles administration tasks and takes minutes at meetings
- Operations Officer – handles technical duties (website, email, etc.)
These roles are protected to ensure that the committee is representative of a variety of experiences and needs within the LGBT+ community.
- Women’s Officer – open to trans, non-binary, or intersex people who are women or whose identity includes ‘woman’ part of the time
- Men’s Officer – open to trans, non-binary, or intersex people who are men or whose identity includes ‘man’ part of the time
2018 Committee Members
Chairperson – Emery
Vice Chair – Jenny
Secretary – Sarah
Operations Officer – Amelia
Women’s Officer – Natalie
Men’s Officer – Colin